Apps missing

Reaction score
i realized just today that 2 of my applications, photo booth and garage band are no longer in my applications folder, not even in trash. the thing is that i don't remember deleting either of them, and i'm the only user of my laptop.

i'm not sure but it seems like my mac just goes on deleting apps on its own. i remember once before it deleted my system preferences and i had to use pacifist to restore it. now i need to do that again for photo booth as i could care less about garage band.

there may have been other apps that got deleted other than these 2 since i rarely use most of these apps, though i can't really tell since i didn't memorize all of them.

has anyone else had this issue? can someone help me to prevent this? i don't wanna wake up one morning with finder as my only app left.

i'm running on snow leopard with my macbook pro.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your Mac does not delete apps on its own. If apps have been deleted, then it's something that you may have inadvertently done without realizing it.

Preventing things from being deleted may be difficult if they're done without knowing it... However, the cure is easy. It's called making backups. Use Time Machine, that's what it's for. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
i realized just today that 2 of my applications, photo booth and garage band are no longer in my applications folder,

What is the full path to the folder you are looking in? Are the app icons in your Dock? Can you open them from there?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.