• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple's Jonathan Ive Awarded Knighthood

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Cool, but sometimes I wonder what the thinking is behind these choices. I'd be amazed if The Queen knows who he is really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I think the Queen has had an iPod for some time, and I know her grandchildren are Apple fans. That said, its not usually the Queen herself who makes the decision

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
I guarantee the Queen doesn't know who most of the people on the list are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
Well, while he may work for an American company, he's still doing work that raises the profile of and promotes British engineering. Every iMac, iPhone, iPad, & iPod in the world is a little bit of the spirit of Isambard Kingdom Brunel alive & thriving in the modern world. So I'd say he deserves it.

Not like - say - the investment banker who made a fortune from the collapse of HSBC, but is buddies with Prime Minister David Cameron... *cough*nepotism*cough* ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Thank goodness we in Oz abandon these decades ago. Nepotism for sure, along with public servants and politicians. Was funny when a former Police Commissioner was jailed for corruption and had to hand his back, eh former Sir Terrence?

Reaction score
Thank goodness we in Oz abandon these decades ago. Nepotism for sure, along with public servants and politicians. Was funny when a former Police Commissioner was jailed for corruption and had to hand his back, eh former Sir Terrence?

This would be the Australia who's head of state is responsible for the C/K/M/OBE?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do not have them as I said. No more Members, Knights etc of the Empire and no more sirs with a small s.

Order of Australia is highest civil. And it carries no title with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
I think moff's point is that you've still got the same monarch as us...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not for long hopefully. Charlie and Camilla will see the end of that.

Roll on the Republic!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11.6,Macbook 13,ipad 1,ipod Classic,iphone 4S
As a Brit,living in the UK,and having family,living in Perth,Oz,we often have "friendly banter" about the two countries,but the fact that Jonathan Ive has now got his "gong",is reward enough for all the hard work he has done with the late Steve Jobs.Agree that some of the "awards" handed out do not make sense,but such is political thinking these days.I for one am glad that Ive has been choosen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Which one?
Reminds me of when Steve and Woz won the National Technology Award in 1985. I am sure Ronald Reagan was blissfully unaware of who these two kids were when he presented the medal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.