Is there an easy way to write iphone/mac apps ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ipad 3g 64gb, Iphone 4, MBP 15 i7, Hi-Res A/Glare, 512mb Grafix, 500Gb 7200rpm Drive, 8Gb Ram
I would like to have a play with making some apps but have never done this before so wondered if there was a software package that will allow me to have a try at making one ?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
Well, there is THE software to make IOS/OSX apps. Xcode. It is free, although very large so you are going to need a fairly decent connection to get it.

However, be advised that Xcode and Objective-c are not something that you are going to be able to sit down with for a few hours and then begin to use to whomp up really impressive apps. The learning curve is very long and steep. By the way, Xcode is the programming suite and Obj-c is the language.

I don't mean to discourage you by any means. I encourage anyone who is interested in learning programming to give it a try. But just realize that you are not going to write the next Angry Birds in your first month. Have fun learning how to make a button and click on it to do something, then move on to the next level.

First, get a beginning Objective-C book. The language doesn't change at all - at least at the beginner level. You will have to know some basic Obj-c before you do anything with Xcode besides make pretty windows.

My experience says don't waste your money buying an expensive XCode book. The suite changes too much and too often and leaves the book behind. Get your Xcode info from the web.

Go for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.