MacbookPro Cannot connect to the Internet

Reaction score
Hello,

I own an I7 MacbookPro running Lion 10.7.2. Internet has been working great till a few days ago, basically I cannot use the internet with my ethernet conection. Network settings says it is connected

Ip Adress: 9.9.9.113
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Router: 5.5.5.5

I have no proxies turned on neither require one, I have tried channing IPv6, tried putting in manual IP tried deleting the newtork and recreating, turned of firewall and little snitch, restarting, hardware reset, I have even done a fresh install on a clean partition of the hard drive and still same problem. I am out of ideas

I use a wan so I go through a few routers I guess before getting to the ISP

Basically neither firefox nor safari can access the net or the router or anything at all, I have tried

Now here is the weird part, while running parrallels with widnows 7 I can use the internet no problem (hence this post), I have the parrallel machine on bridged ethernet mode. ( It has nothing to do with that setting either because I only switced it to bridged so I can use the internet other wise my parallel machine does not have access to the net)

So what can the problem be, and is there a soultion

Thanks in advance for any help on the matter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
The IP address indicates you are directly connected to the internet (or a modem) - through switches but no router.

"I use a wan" - doesn't tell me anything - can you describe your connection better?

Any possibility you are connected to some other building's network?
Try using Windows again and give us the IP address and gateway/router shown there.

OP
K
Reaction score
Ok well I do go through a building connection, basically I have an ethernet cable that leads to a switch/router on the rooftop which then goes somewhere else assuming some other building to a router. Where I live there are no land lines so this is the only way to get internet.

The Ip4 Address on the windows is: 9.9.9.90

Default Gateway is 5.5.5.5

The 9.9.9.9 address is usually what I type to get into a login screen so I can access the net, this works fine on the Parallel system but Like I mentioned can't access anything on the Mac.

Looking at my mac now it says the Ip is 9.9.9.4, while its 9.9.9.90 on the parrallel system.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You say you have more than one router?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.