Google+ pushing circled people into iChat

Reaction score
Recently I've noticed people showing up on my iChat Jabber list who are neither in my Gmail contacts nor my Mac address book. The only electronic connection I have to them, in fact, is G+. I've deleted them multiple times from iChat but they keep coming back. The only thing I can figure is that G+ is now pushing the encircled into your gmail contacts list. Has anyone else seen this or know of a solution?

C

chas_m

iChat is compatible with Google Talk. Nobody's "pushing" anything. If you don't want your G-Talk buddies in iChat, deselect your GTalk login from iChat's "accounts" preference.

OP
F
Reaction score
No, you don't understand. Google Talk is one thing. G+ is another. People from circles on G+ are being imported to Google Talk and, hence, iChat.

C

chas_m

Ah, thanks for clarifying that.

Google appears to believe differently than you do about whether Google Talk and G+ are separate anymore, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, the solution remains the same, since there is nothing iChat can do about decisions taken by Google.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.