Time capsule upgrade

Reaction score
Hi all. I currently use a small time capsule that handles backups etc. I need to upgrade it to a larger one. I was going to give the old/smaller one to my kid. Is there anyway I can "dump" data from the old one onto the larger one? I would even settle for putting it onto another external that I believe is formatted for a pc.

Can anybody help? I've been away from using technology so pls be gentle. ::\

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
Do you mean that you are using an Apple Time Capsule itself, or you're using Time Machine for backups to an external hard drive?

I know that it sounds like a silly question, but I know people who refer to any external backup drive thanks to Apples TC being a popular option with Mac users.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
OP
margaret438
Reaction score
Thank u for replying. My thought process may be completely flawed on this, but I have an apple time capsule (the white flat box w/ green light) that I want to replace with a larger capacity time capsule. I have some archived work contracts that are no longer on my iMac desktop, but early on I was able to access these contracts via time capsule. I didn't want to 'lose' them when I upgraded. Maybe I'm worrying 'bout nutthin'. Thanks, I'll take a read of the link. TU

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.