SLOW internet

Reaction score
Hello,

My macbook pro opens webpages very very slow.
My sis and dad's macbook don't have this problem, so it's not my internet connection.

What is wrong with my macbook pro?

Jannes

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hard to say, you've given us so little information. Can you tell us a bit more about your MacBook Pro? Specifically, what version of OS X are you using, how old is the machine, what browser are you using and what sites do you experience the slowness on?

You may also want to run a speedtest.net test to check your bandwidth. And if it's a wireless connection, try connecting via Ethernet to your wireless router instead and see if the problem persists.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" 10.8 (latest)
Settings>Internet or whatever> Advanced>DNS

Just search for DNS or slow internet there are already threads on it

OP
J
Reaction score
I am using a Macbook Pro 13'' 2,66GHZ intel core 2 duo, 4GB RAM and version 10.6.8

I'm connected to my timecapsule and both (my Timecapsule and netopia router are set in NAT)

I'm the only one at home (6pc's) with the problem...

It's almost at every website that i have the slow situation

The 8.8.8.8 Solved the problem, but i think it's not the best solution at all?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It's a DNS server. Sometimes the ISP's DNS server gets slow. The 8.8.8.8 is Google I believe. Many here use that or Open DNS in place of their ISP's DNS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.