Dead G4 iBook to new MacBook Air transfer

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)
File Operations window says it's copying 4GB across - will take 2 hours, 37 minutes... seems a long time...

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now saying there's 4 house left - it's only transferred 310MB of 4GB... at 257kB/sec... how dreary this is going to be...

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BORED - cancelled the transfer, as I have no idea what it's transferring but it isn't Documents, Pictures or Desktop - Documents and especially Desktop are vital but still locked, as I do not have permissions...

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK... I think I have now managed to get things underway with the drag n drop technique... no window to tell me how long it's taking however...

Started with the Desktop file and it's slowly populating it...

May well have to leave it going overnight but something is happening, after many false dawns!

Thanks so much for the advice - when I have finally finished all this mucking about, I will be awarding millions of Kudos points!!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Darn it... after many hours of slow file moving, a long string of permission denied messages - so not transferring pictures, documents, music etc etc etc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.