iTunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
So we have forums for Hardware, and software (OS X and OS X Apps), but no specific forum for iTunes related tips/tricks/questions.

Given that iTunes has become a "gateway drug" into the Apple universe, that is not specific to either Mac or Windows, I genuinely believe that there would be some distinct benefits to having a place just for that piece of software.

Or maybe I am missing it and there is something.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thanks for your feedback, Stormin. We like to try to keep the forums as streamlined as possible and not too overwhelming. I can certainly agree that iTunes is a multifaceted application, but I'm struggling to understand why a dedicated forum for discussing it would be of greater benefit than just putting iTunes-related discussions into the existing OS X Apps and Games forum.

OP
_Stormin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
Simply because it's the one piece of Apple software that is being run on a majority of Windows machines as well as Macs. Keeping things OS specific makes sense though.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Simply because it's the one piece of Apple software that is being run on a majority of Windows machines as well as Macs. Keeping things OS specific makes sense though.

Thanks for your suggestion.

There are Windows forums where iTunes is already being discussed. Windows users tend to use a Windows forum not one for Macs. On occasion we do get a dedicated Windows user who will access our forums and ask questions about iTunes, however, I agree with cwa107 and see no reason to have a separate forum.

Keeping the forum lineup as simple as possible is desirable. You probably have no idea how many posts we have to move because they were placed in the wrong forum. More forums ultimately leads to more confusion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.