Ethernet not working please help

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect to the internet and my iMac won't let me I'm running off lion. I'm connected directly to the router with ethernet. it says its connected to the internet but when i go to safari or i try to use any application that requires internet access it won't let me it says that it is not connected to the internet it says it has an ip address starting with 169.. it has a subnet mask also has dns server and search domains but it doesn't have any numbers next to it in the router. can someone please help this is a pic of what is coming up it says connected! this is very frustrating!

OP
R
Reaction score
I'm trying to connect to the internet and my iMac won't let me I'm running off lion. I'm connected directly to the router with ethernet. it says its connected to the internet but when i go to safari or i try to use any application that requires internet access it won't let me it says that it is not connected to the internet it says it has an ip address starting with 169.. it has a subnet mask also has dns server and search domains but it doesn't have any numbers next to it in the router. can someone please help this is a pic of what is coming up it says connected! this is very frustrating!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.