Problem Transferring Files to WD TV Live Hub

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just picked up my WDTV Live Hub today after a few recommendations from friends. However, I ran into what seems to be a common issue.

I have a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.8. I was told I could transfer my video and audio files from my laptop to my Live Hub HDD by directly connecting the two with an Ethernet cable. When connected, the WDTV Live Hub is shown under SHARED in FINDER but I cannot drag and drop any files into it. There is no error message, just a symbol indicating that I cannot drop a file when the WDTV Live Hub is highlighted.

However, I can drag and drop the stock files from the WDTV Live Hub onto my Mac HDD.

Does anyone know the root of this issue? I realize I can load my Hub by file sharing over a network but if I can transfer files directly, this would be a much easier option.

Please advise. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Connect to it via USB, not Ethernet. I can't possibly see how you can drag and drop via Ethernet, because of the permissions issues involved.
If you connect via USB, the hub should show as a HD icon and you can drag and drop to it from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.