Earthlink and AOL email issues

Reaction score
Hello, my ISP is Comcast but my email is through my website which is hosted thru Earthlink.

My sister's email is through AOL and over the past few days some of her emails are going through but some are bouncing back to her with this message from the AOL 'postmaster' (I've removed specific emails for privacy). I'm not sure if AOL is blocking it or Earthlink or Comcast. Any suggestions?

(this is error message she gets) - - - - - - - -

Reporting-MTA: dns; oms-ma02.r1000.mx.aol.com
X-AOL-Outbound-OMS-Interface-Queue-ID: 21F4E3802940F
X-AOL-Outbound-OMS-Interface-Sender: rfc822; (sisters aol email)
Arrival-Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 06:49:27 -0500 (EST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; (my email)
Original-Recipient: rfc822;(my email)
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx1c38.carrierzone.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 (my email)... H:RPBL
[64.12.140.130] Connection refused due to abuse. Please contact your E-mail
provider.

Reaction score
it looks like you've been blocked because of abuse... read the diagnostic code!

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks richmac for your reply...I actually did read the code...but I'm not real tech savvy so I wasn't sure if it meant that I was being blocked or she was being blocked. If the bounce back error came to her from AOL it seemed like maybe my Earthlink was bouncing her email back because SHE was blocked...but are you saying you think it didn't go thru AOL because my Earthlink email is the one that is being abused and therefor blocked by AOL? I know this seems elementary but I really am confused.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
First call Comcast and see if there are any blocks on you sending e-mail, then call Earthlink and finally AOL to see where the issue is..

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
In this case your ISP is Comcast..and you are using their e-mail server to send out emails..if you send out a lot of email in a short period or have other interesting activity the Comcast service might deem that as spamming and will block all transmission of email..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.