Advice on buying ram for my iMac

Reaction score
My iMac contains 4 memory slots, each of which accepts
a 1333 MHz DDR3 memory module. Two slots gave 2 Gb installed. My question is what is your opinion on what and where is the best place to by more memory. I would like to buy 2 sticks of 4 GB each for a total of 12GB. Please advise.

Kind Regards
Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Cant go past MyOWC at OtherWorldComputing.com and follow the prompts filling in your Mac Spec's and they will do the rest. Im a Aussie and have never had any probe with OWC at all with fast delivery and a good customer service. The test all there hardware as well so you know it will be good for your Mac.

Oh and welcome to M-F and be sure to return :)

Cheers

EDIT : and a little advice, its better to have the Modules the same across the board for optimum performance BUT not mandatory

Reaction score
Memory

Hi Markay

I just got an iMac for Christmas and my first order of business was to get more RAM!

I went to my local computer superstore and bought the Corsair Apple 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1333MHZ C9 204PIN SODIMM Memory Kit Apple iMac Macbook and Macbook Pro for $40. Now I have 12GB of RAM and no issues so far.

If no one carries it locally you can order from NCIX. Note the part number.

NCIX US - Buy CMSA8GX3M2A1333C9 - Corsair Apple 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1333MHZ C9 204PIN SODIMM Memory Kit Apple iMac Macbook and Macbook Pro - Corsair - Great price and fast delivery

Hope this helps and good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
I run the exact same memory as above in my Mini (2x4GB config) and it has been flawless from the day I installed it.

Do a quick search though, because that site's price is a bit higher than what I paid here for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.