camera, videos are jumpy wont work, also ads

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro running Mac OS X 10.5.8

Suddenly my camera doesnt work, all videos or flash ads are jumpy and wont work. I tried to install 10.6.8 but was stopped with the notice to install 10.6 ....can't find it anywhere.

have not received software update from apple,

HELP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have a macbook pro running Mac OS X 10.5.8

Suddenly my camera doesnt work, all videos or flash ads are jumpy and wont work. I tried to install 10.6.8 but was stopped with the notice to install 10.6 ....can't find it anywhere.

have not received software update from apple,

What you have is Mac OS 10.5 (aka Leopard) and 10.5.8 is the last update ever released for it. You can't simply install 10.6.8 over 10.5.8. You have to BUY 10.6 (Snow Leopard) in order to get updates to it.

However… it's highly unlikely that this is your problem. With your camera failing and other issues with video playback, you probably have bigger issues at hand. Can you first tell us how much drive space is used/free? And what your system specs are (what model/year Mac, how much RAM). Also run the Apple Hardware Test.
The Apple Hardware Test

Test your RAM thoroughly using Rember.
Kelley Computing - Rember

And finally try running Onyx's full suite of cleaning and maintenance tools.
Titanium's Software • Download

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.