Music streaming issue

Reaction score
I use my apple TV (Gen 2) to stream music from my MB pro play through my stereo.

Just started having a minor issue when I load itunes and select apple tv as my speaker I will get no sound through my stereo unless I first select the computer speaker option. Once I hear music through my computer speakers I can then switch to Apple TV in iTunes and the music plays through my stereo.

Anybody else have this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
Yeah. I reported the error to Apple, because the same thing has been happening to me. Selecting something other than the stereo first, and then switching it immediately works well enough. I have come to accept it until they have a fix in the software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Have either of you tried verifying and repairing permissions in disk utility?
iTunes sometimes develops little glitches like this, and more often that not there are fixed with a quick permissions repair.
Worth a try.

OP
R
Reaction score
Have either of you tried verifying and repairing permissions in disk utility?
iTunes sometimes develops little glitches like this, and more often that not there are fixed with a quick permissions repair.
Worth a try.

Hey, Gave this a try no go still have the same issue.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.