Hundreds of Images in Finder?

Reaction score
Hi all,
Hoping someone can help with this.I was about to start searching for an image on my iMac and went to Finder,Find,Images and under "all" I found literally hundreds of images of printers !!There are three or four of my images but apart from that, hundreds of these images of all types of printers.Almost like a catalogue.I know this is a strange maybe even stupid question but these images come with an iMac for any reason??Yeah I know ..stupid but there is nothing else I can think of.More importantly I suppose is it okay to delete them?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The "All Images" smart folder lists all images including those included with the operating system. It's very likely that those images you see were included with the OS and as such, you should probably avoid deleting them. In fact, you may not be able to delete them if they are in directories with stricter permissions set (which would require you to elevate your privileges).

OP
I
Reaction score
Hi vansmith,
Thanks for that.I can delete them alright, well there is an option to send them to trash.If any other iMac owner on Safari could check to see if you have them I'd appreciate it.Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.