Can anybody help me more ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.06 GHZ intel core 2 duo OSx 10.7.2iMac G5 10.4.11 , ipad
Can't boot from disk, Darwin won't take login
I have a older iMac G5 running 10.4.11..when I connected my ipad1 to iMac is when this all started...it won't go past start up, so after going to apple.com support I came here because I have tried different things to get it back up but it seems it won't do anything.
I have used the disk to try and start from but it goes to Darwin and it won't let me log in..says log in failed
I bought this iMac used and have NEVER had to use that persons admin log in, but I even tried that and I cant get past the Darwin log in failed. I don't know what to do I'm so frustrated...any help is appreciated !
Chas says it's hosed, but I don't know what that means.
I have never had admin problems before, I can't get past the Darwin login, it won't take any admin login, even the old one from lady I bought computer from, or my login....it's very confused and so am I

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
First generation iPads (in order to "interface" with a Macintosh computer)...require:

- Mac computer with USB 2.0 port
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
- iTunes 9.1 or later
- iTunes Store account
- Internet access

Refurbished iPad with Wi-Fi 16GB - Black (first generation) - Apple Store (U.S.)

...since you have OS 10.4.11 installed on your G5 iMac...this is going to be your first compatibility hurdle to overcome. Thus you need to purchase an OS 10.5 install disk...then via "Software Update"...update the OS to 10.5.8.

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nick please read my post....I can't get my iMac running..and this all happened when i plugged the iPad in.
I cant get started from disk

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Nick please read my post....I can't get my iMac running..and this all happened when i plugged the iPad in.
I cant get started from disk

What happens if you unplug the iPad...and reboot the computer?

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I unplugged the iPad right when that happened and my iMac went crazy.
I can't boot from cd, I reset pram..nothing, I started up from shift key..nothing, it keeps going to Darwin and then I type login and password and it says login failed...I bought this from a lady a few yrs back and never had a login problem but she is the original admin..I even used her old login to see if that would work and Darwin still says login failed.....don't know what to do , don't want to go to apple store : (

C

chas_m

Until you go to an Apple Store and get proper help, you've just created a paperweight. Sorry to be blunt, but since you don't appear to have the original restore discs, the machine will continue to be completely useless until you get a professional to fix what you broke.

That's what "hosed" means.

PS. If I were you I'd start saving up for an Intel-era Mac, you're years overdue for one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.