Refurbishing an old MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New user here. I'm an owner of Mac products and love them. I currently use my iPhone 4s for everything which is great but I miss using PC games. I have a 2006 MacBook Pro that has run its course and I was wondering if any if you would know whether it would be able to run Windows 7 on an entirely partitioned hard drive using Boot Camp. Would I have to get it refurbished and if so am I better off just buying a PC for gaming and sticking with my iPhone and tossing the old MacBook Pro.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You could certainly install Windows 7 on that MacBook Pro, but with the limited memory capacity and modest graphics hardware, you'll find that newer games will struggle, if they run at all. Additionally, that machine won't have support for 64-bit Windows and this will limit your options as well.

Your best bet would be to sell it and build a custom gaming box with the proceeds.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.