Lion/iDVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" Core i5 Quad - Mac Mini c2d - iPad Pro - iPhone 11 - ATV3
Hi All

I have just installed Lion on my late 2006 iMac and all seems fine. I only had a couple of Apps that I knew would not work under Lion, and was prepared to sacrifice them. I use Final Cut Express 4 which also works fine in Lion, but was disappointed to find that my version of iDVD does not (6.0.4).

I do have iLife 09 on my MacMini and wondered if I could install iDVD from that onto my iMac. Would this work?

I am loathe to buy iLife 11 (just for iDVD), due to the fact that I bought iPhoto11 as a standalone some months back and this is totally unusable on my iMac (constant crashes) and I do not need iMovie.

Thanks

Philip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
It should work, but also make sure you copy iDVD's support files which are in /Library/Application Support

OP
Darker Times
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks louishen for your reply.

I have just tried to install the bundled software from my Leopard disks, but I get an alert saying that I cannot install the software. I don't know whether this is because it requires Rosetta or because the software is from another Mac (as can be he case).
Methinks I should have tried this before installing Lion!!

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try just copying the app and its support folder over manually and see if that works

OP
Darker Times
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi

I have copied Rosetta from the Snow Leopard DVD onto the Mac, to see if it is just the installer it needs to get past. When I insert my Leopard Disk, it still will not install any of the bundled software. I just get "Alert...this software cannot be installed on this computer" I cannot see the app in order to copy it manually. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The installer won't work on a lion install, and rosetta shouldn't be an issue since the installer and iWork 09 are Intel ready apps

The app will be on your old mac in applications

Its support files will be on your old mac also in Library/Application Support/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.