Strange goings on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 21.5" i5 iMac 2.7ghz 4gb ram 1tb HDD
For some reason, when I power up my iMac there is nothing in the menu bar at the top and that includes the wireless signal bars icon. I shut it down, start up again, and there it is. When the menu bar is missing, I cannot access the internet.

The pattern has been the same for a week now:

Power up and no internet.
Shut down, power up and everything fine.
Power up, no internet
Shut down, power up and everything fine.

This same alternating and repeating pattern has been going on for the last twenty or so visits to my iMac. Nothing has been altered in my settings since getting my machine a month ago. I now expect to have to switch on, shut down and switch on again to get on the internet.

Any ideas?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Problem has corrected itself

No idea why, nothing changed from when I bought it - probably a random bug.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Try running disk utility and verifying/repairing your permissions. Little bugs often get fixed by doing this.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I'll give that a go. No sooner had I posted that the problem had gone, it decided to return.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.