Word for Mac Questions

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the proper Forum where I can find advice about using MS Word for Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Can someone tell me the proper Forum where I can find advice about using MS Word for Mac?

Hello there and welcome, the senior guys may correct me but I'll give it a go.

If you haven't got a Mac yet or have just switched then use the 'Switcher Hangout'.

If you are running something like Office for Mac then this would probably belong in the 'OS X- Apps and Games' forum; and if you are booting you Mac up as a PC then you would use the 'Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac'.

It is recommended that you put the specs of your equipment with your title in your membership profile so that people can make more assured responses.

OP
D
Reaction score
Questions about MS Word for Mac

Thanks for the reply, pendlewitch. I switched to the Apple world in April, and am loving it! :)

I'm using an iMac with a wireless keyboard (which has less keys than the full "wired" keyboard) and a MacBook Air (ditto vis-a-vis the larger laptops).

My specific questions concern shortcut keystrokes in MS Word for Mac for the iMac wireless keyboard (and the MacBook Air keyboard). Most critically, how to go to beginning and end of a document. In the wireless keyboard, there's no "End" or "Top" or "Page Down" or "Page Up" keys. Every online help resource I've found so far does not give alternative keystrokes for keyboards that do not have these keys.

So, can anyone help on this...or, tell me where is the best Forum for getting answers to these questions?

Many thanks!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Thanks for the reply, pendlewitch. I switched to the Apple world in April, and am loving it! :)

I'm using an iMac with a wireless keyboard (which has less keys than the full "wired" keyboard) and a MacBook Air (ditto vis-a-vis the larger laptops).

My specific questions concern shortcut keystrokes in MS Word for Mac for the iMac wireless keyboard (and the MacBook Air keyboard). Most critically, how to go to beginning and end of a document. In the wireless keyboard, there's no "End" or "Top" or "Page Down" or "Page Up" keys. Every online help resource I've found so far does not give alternative keystrokes for keyboards that do not have these keys.

So, can anyone help on this...or, tell me where is the best Forum for getting answers to these questions?

Many thanks!
You were given three specific answers as to which forum in the thread you replied to from Pendlewitch.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I've taken the guesswork out of the equation and given you your own thread.

As a bonus - I'll give you the answer to your question. If you hold down the fn key and use the up or down arrows - it will function as page up/down. Hold down fn and cmd simultaneously and hit the right or left arrows - you get home/end.

OP
D
Reaction score
Many thanks for the answers to my questions on shortcut keys for MS Word for Mac using a wireless keyboard! Do you know of any "master list" of shortcut keys for the wireless keyboard? Your answers have helped me with the most common of my frustrations for the past eight months, but there might be others where the wireless and "wired" keyboards are different, and where it might be helpful to know the shortcuts for the former.

Thanks in advance...and, thanks for the quick answer to my "critical" needs!

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I don't know of any master list - to be honest - I didn't know those shortcuts until I went and experimented with different combinations. I do know that option + arrow up or cmd + arrows can be home or end depending on the application so I just used different combos until I found what I was looking for. I'm sure there's a master list of shortcuts somewhere but I don't know about wired vs wireless - I would expect the shortcuts to be pretty much the same for each.

OP
D
Reaction score
No problem. Thanks for your help. I suspect shortcuts are pretty much the same for the two keyboards, except for the ones you've identified. So, again, thanks.

Reaction score
Keyboard Shortcuts

Using Windows Notepad in bootcamp: fn/control/left or right arrow gets you to Home or End keys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
You might try CheatSheet.

And here is a PDF of shortcuts: Mac shortcuts PDF.

These are Mac specific, but not application specific. Usually each application will provide a similar sheet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.