HELPPPPP!!! I broke my imac

amv

Reaction score
I was trying to recover to factory settign and i over deleted I have no operating system nothing i just putting in the recovery disks and it said cant install what can i do? pls help

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What IMac do you own? Are the Recovery disks (OSX Install DVD) the ones that shipped with your Mac?

OP
A

amv

Reaction score
yes they are the mac osx install discs - i have not the latest imac the one before it that has the silver all around - when i put it in the disk it says Mac OSX cannot be installed on this computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Then you probably don't have the install DVD that came with your Mac. Please confirm it by telling us the Mac model (Blue Apple menu about this Mac), and what it says on the left side of your Install DVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27", Macbook 13"
also....

I believe you are saying that you have no OS on your iMac anymore so you would not be able to go to the apple menu and click more info..

Look at the base of the iMac, the part that actually sits against the table and tell us the model number and other numbers on the bottom. One of those numbers should match the number on your CD. Usually it is something like A1213, or possible something similar to 8,1 or 10,1 depending on the year etc..

do that and post back, you are probably using an upgrade disk.

Also, are the disks grey, or do they have an OSX logo on them like the blue tiger or purple Leopard splash screen?

C

chas_m

1. Go to store that sells Mac stuff.
2. Buy a copy of Snow Leopard ($30).
3. Install from that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.