Time Capsule and Ipad

Reaction score
I'm currently using an Ipad2 for word processing, photo editing, web surfing and blogging. I have a cheap Acer netbook (Windows XP) that I use with an external harddrive for file storage (pics, movies, music).

Would a Time Capsule allow me to ditch the netbook and external harddrive and simply use the TC for storage and Ipad for accessing/editing the files? I'm just unsure about how the Ipad and TC interface and work together. For example, will the TC allow me to view/edit photos on the iPad and keep them stored on the TC? Ditto with music? Do I need a Mac/PC to make all this work or can I do without?

The other alternative I'm considering is the purchase of a used MacBook to take the place of the netbook, but I'd prefer to keep it simple if I can get by with just an Ipad and Time Capsule.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I don't believe you can just have the iPad and TC hooked up without something in between, you might find applications that might allow you to somehow stream music from the TC..but to use the TC as an external storage directly on the iPad is not going to work. You will need a PC or Mac available..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.