iPod controls on lockscreen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
When listening to music or a radio show that I have recorded, I often double tap the home button to bring up the iPod controls on the lockscreen. A lot of times I will accidentally hit the ff or rewind button instead of the pause button and it ff's to the end of the show. Is there a way to disable those controls and just make the pause button pop up or not allow those buttons to take me to the beginning or end of the show?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Don't know of a way to change the buttons on the screen - but what kind of headphones are you using? The iPhone came with buds that have inline controls - where you can push the middle button once to pause, twice to skip to next track, three times to rewind - thus making it hard to ff or rewind.

There are plenty of 3rd party headphones with the inline controls now as well or you can get an adapter
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RL9WDQ/?tag=macforums0e4-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V8RCTS/?tag=macforums0e4-20
Thus you don't even have to have your iPod out to control it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. I'm mostly using Jaybird Bluetooth headphones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Don't they have the controls on them too? I have a set of Motorola BT headphones and I can control the music as well as answer the phone from the headphones.

It looks like several Jaybird models do have controls on them.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think there are controls, but I just find it easier to use the iPod controls. That is when I don't hit the wrong button. Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.