How do I delete songs from my iPhone?

C

chas_m

I want to make sure I understand your question properly. The title says "delete songs from my iPhone" but your text implies that you are in fact trying to delete songs from your computer's iTunes (possibly looking at your connected iPhone's library?) since the iPhone has never had a "right click."

So if you could clarify that it would be helpful. For the record, the standard delete method on the iPhone works in iTunes: go to the list of songs, swipe to the right on a specific song and the "Delete" button will come up. You then press that to delete.

OP
T
Reaction score
I'm in itunes trying to delete songs from my phone. I right click, and there is no delete button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I'm in itunes trying to delete songs from my phone. I right click, and there is no delete button.

As chas_m asked, are you trying this in iTunes/Devices/.....iPhone in which case you can't do it? You can only un-sync by unchecking the Artist, Playlist, Album etc in the Sync Music pane, which is a summarised checklist of your Music Library.

If you want to delete anything you need to be in iTunes/Library/Music, where you can right click/delete, but if all you want to do is take the title off your phone then it's overkill.

Reaction score
Actually you can now delete songs directly from the phone.

From either the songs, albums or artists collections, when you see a song you want to delete from the phone, swipe your finger over it left to right. That will bring up a delete option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Also if you're in iTunes, you can simply highlight the songs you want to remove and press the "delete" key on your keyboard.

C

chas_m

That's because the method was changed in iOS 7. You swipe from right to left.

Reaction score
Still the same problem with iOS 8

What problem? This was explained by chas. Swipe right to left. If you are talking songs with a cloud by them they aren't really on the phone so you can't swipe to get rid of them. (i am just grasping at straws here because i do not know what your problem is.)

Explain what your problem is a little. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.