Macbook screen randomly blacking out

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

About a week ago the lcd screen on my macbook 13" A1185 started going out. At first it would occur only randomly, but soon it started going black for various reasons. It would go black if the brightness was up too high, like it was overloading; it would also go black if the display was at the wrong angle (there seems to be a sweet spot for proper operation); it would also go black if jostled or shocked in any way. I've had the computer for 7 years now and have never had a problem, even though I've dropped it a few times. The recent screen problems though started the day after I dropped it from my desk, though nothing else seems to be wrong with it. I checked around and I don't think it's the lcd screen itself, I think it may be a problem with the backlight (ccfl), the inverter, or the inverter cable. Does anyone have a similar experience or know what is going on?
THANK YOU!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Well it definitely sounds like a loose connection, or indeed the backlight.
You won't know without taking it apart though, or sending it for repair.
I would suggest that not dropping it so much is a good idea too :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.