Missing icons all over OS

Reaction score
Hi. This may have already been discussed but I need some help. I have missing icons on all my folders/files/etc. I can see the text but no icons and can only click on the text.

I already tried taking this file in /Users/Username/Library/Preferences com.apple.FolderActions.plist and moving it to my desktop and restarting but that didn't work.

I still have missing icons. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I already tried taking this file in /Users/Username/Library/Preferences com.apple.FolderActions.plist and moving it to my desktop and restarting but that didn't work.
Wrong file. Try that with com.apple.finder.plist

Good job telling us what you've tried. That's always a big help. :)

Reaction score
missing icons

I had a problem of missing icons (but not all were missing, just most) and sub-folders that wouldn't open up on a new system/computer. I shut down Parallels, made sure it wasn't set to automatically start at login, then restarted. Problem fixed. My issue is with Parallels. I'll have to spend time later to determine how to fix the conflict, but at least my mac is now functioning normally.

OP
N
Reaction score
I put this com.apple.finder.plist on my desktop and restarted and it only partially worked. I would say 60% of icons are back but still many missing. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Yeah, next step would be to log in under a different User Account. Make one if you have to. See how that works out and report your results.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.