firefox and finder window problem

Reaction score
i've installed Firefox to my mbp and it works fine.if i turn it off or restart then open Firefox the finder window opens up again.i've already dragged the firefox icon to the applications file.if i open/close Firefox a few times it wont open up again till i restart:Confused:
13"mbp 2.4 i5 late 2011 model

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
i've installed Firefox to my mbp and it works fine.if i turn it off or restart then open Firefox the finder window opens up again.

I'm not quite sure what you're describing. The finder window of what? (what's in it?)

OP
O
Reaction score
this keeps opening
65f85207065f2ba75e39c54c95331253-1246340499-303-1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ok. Well, that's strange. If you've done exactly what the "picture" shows from that window, then it should have installed Firefox properly. So where are you starting Firefox from? You should not be using the icon pictured, nor the disk image that was placed on your Desktop at the end of the download. You should be going into your Applications folder, or placing a "shortcut" to Firefox from the Applications folder in your Dock.

OP
O
Reaction score
Ok. Well, that's strange. If you've done exactly what the "picture" shows from that window, then it should have installed Firefox properly. So where are you starting Firefox from? You should not be using the icon pictured, nor the disk image that was placed on your Desktop at the end of the download. You should be going into your Applications folder, or placing a "shortcut" to Firefox from the Applications folder in your Dock.

i start firefox using the shortcut in the dock.that window pops up then firefox starts up and runs fine.close firefox down then close that window down as its still there.the only time i touch that window is to close it down
cheers

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you have dragged the application to the /Applications folder, eject the disk image (right click > Eject or in Finder, click the eject icon next to it in the sidebar). Once you've done that, get rid of the Firefox disk image. All should be well after you've done that.

It sound like you've dragged a shortcut of Firefox from the disk image to the Dock somehow. Make sure Firefox is copied to the Mac first before dragging it to the Dock.

OP
O
Reaction score
reinstall firefox for the 3nd time. problem solved not sure how as i installed it the same each time. but its fine now
cheers all

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.