Migrating Power PC Address Book to Lion

Reaction score
The hard drive on my G5 Power PC died. I paid (big bucks) to have the data recovered which was sent to me on an external hard drive. When I tried to migrate the Address Book to my new OSX 10.7.2 Lion iMac, the Address Book was not transferrable. I could open the file and see pages of programming language but it could not be read. Is there a third party program/app anyone knows about that will read Power PC apps and "translate" them into a readable form for Lion? At this point I don't care if it is "migrated" into the latest Address Book or not (that would be nice) but I am desperate and would like to be able to just open it, use it, and replace the addresses manually if a I need to. Right now I need the info. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
PowerPC apps or code will not run on Lion period. The last major release of OS X that will handle PPC apps and code is Snow Leopard. And, if you have a new Mac it's been pre-installed with Lion which means you can not install Snow Leopard on it.

As far as I know there are no third party apps that can "translate" the PPC code to all Intel code. Previous versions of OS X came with "Rosetta" but it is no longer available for Lion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.