Best Security Cable

Reaction score
Hello!

I was hoping to get a recommendation on a security cable that would fit a standard Kensington lock on a macbook pro 15' late 2011. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
The one that offers the best insurance pay out for when the laptop is stolen. That's really the best attribute. Most cable can be cut (even tough bike locks) with small 12" bolt cutters. Most locks can be picked in less than a minute with 2 paper clips. I do both all the time at work.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I use a Targus Defcon CL at work. It's pretty simple to use and appears to be well-made. I know it's not difficult to bypass, but it will keep the casual thief from snapping it up from my desk during those brief periods I'm away from it.

With that said, I agree with XJ - if your intention is to leave the machine in an exposed public space unattended, this lock is not for you.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Will yours pay out if the computer is stolen?

No idea really. But again, it's in my office - I'm just trying to prevent an easy opportunity. Even if it just trips someone up long enough for me to go to the bathroom and get back to my desk, it's doing its job.

OP
P
Reaction score
The one that offers the best insurance pay out for when the laptop is stolen. That's really the best attribute. Most cable can be cut (even tough bike locks) with small 12" bolt cutters. Most locks can be picked in less than a minute with 2 paper clips. I do both all the time at work.

Im trying to find a cable that comes with insurance, but I can't seem to find one. Any chance you, or anyone for that matter, could post a link or name a product that includes insurance?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.