Black macbook - dual external monitors???

Reaction score
So my wonderful wife surprised me this year with a henge dock, wireless keyboard, and a magic mouse.

I have two 22" monitors at home that I use with my work laptop and docking station. I have one one hooked up to my macbook with through the henge dock (mini dvi to dvi adapter). My question is, can my black macbook run two external monitors? Wasn't sure if they even made a firewire to vga adapter or if my model even had that ability. I searched but couldn't find anything that related to my setup.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" 10.8 (latest)
You can get an adaptor to use two monitors.

For example:
I have the thunderbolt/mini display to HDMI and that will go to my HD TV and then I got an adapter which has its own graphics card or something and it plugs into my usb and then has either dvi/vga/hdmi, so I could attach another display with the adapter.

Look on amazon!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
There are also a number of UAB gadgets available that allow for connecting an external monitor. I reviewed one of them a while back ATPM 15.08 - Review: OWC USB 2.0 Display Adapter.

That particular device had a few shortcomings in terms of handling OpenGL but worked well for me. I am not sure if similar devices have the same limitations.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.