Can't connect to internet on Win XP partition

Reaction score
I partitioned w/ Disk Utility, then installed XP, but could not install the Bootcamp drivers b/c I needed Service Pack 2.

When I tried to do an Ethernet cable connection to activate my windows OS, it wouldn't connect at all, and every time I told it to restart, it would freeze. This made it impossible for me to install the Service Packs, as they will only install on an activated OS.

I'm running a Macbook Pro 13" that I bought in late August if that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
What you could do is just slipstream the service pack into the windows installation cd then you won't have to connect as it would already have service pack 2 installed which should let you install bootcamp drivers. Here's a link on how to do that Slipstream Service Pack 3 into Your Windows XP Installation CD There are probably other ways to do this as well.

OP
B
Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
Yes. It's the same process no matter what service pack is used.

OP
B
Reaction score
Okay, I've installed the drives and the Slipstream worked, but now it won't connect at all to the internet

Reaction score
Now you need to install the drivers as indicated in the Boot Camp instruction package. If you have your original Mac disk, put that in your disk drive while running Windows. Or, if in Lion, follow the instructions on how to burn a driver disk.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.