Win7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" 10.8 (latest)
Ok, Just installed a 500GB HDD into the CD bay and the hard drive had windows 7 on it but when I booted up and held the option key it showed the hard drive Windows and I clicked to boot up with that and it just booted into the OSX.

I reformatted the HDD to make it like new and now it does not have Win7 on it anymore.

I have a bootable CD, and I have an 8GB thumb drive. So I burned the ISO to the thumb drive (or so I thought) and tried booting from it but the computer didn't see the thumb drive.

Did I burn the image wrong?
Am I doing this right?

I figured I could have the burned ISO on the flash drive and then use bootcamp to install windows or It would boot into Win7 installed and then I pick its destination?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You cannot boot up windows from an ISO image, it expects to see a PC Bios chip

You need to install windows via boot camp assistant or a virtual machine like Parallels, VM Ware or Virtual Box

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" 10.8 (latest)
Thanks.

So I went into bootcamp and clicked on a few things not really expecting anything to happen, and then it said "formatting hard drive!" so I quickly exited out.
Im assuming it was making room on my SSD for win7.
Everything seemed to be working ok, and then a few apps wouldn't open, so I did a restore with CCC and I think I am safe now.

You're saying, that when I go into boot camp, then I can use the USB drive?

Do you know the steps exactly?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.