Firefox Browser Problems

M

MANDARA

On my OS X mac there are two problems that are quite annoying:

1. When I'm in the "manage bookmarks" window if I put a word in the search field and press return the program crashes every timeW.

2. When I've hidden a browser window by clicking on the top left yellow button the application won't allow me to open a new window unless I bring the hidden one up first.

Any fixes?

Many thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version of Firefox are you using? I am using the G4 Optomized one here on my Mac Mini and tried both things and they both worked every time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
and i dont have those problems and im just using 1.0.7

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
1. Trash Firefox, and search for the rest of remnants from Firefox in the finder by doing a search for "Firefox" then delete them (ex. .plist file and folders). Then reinstall.

2. I seem to have that problem too. Use Apple + N instead.

OP
M

MANDARA

dtravis7 said:
What version of Firefox are you using? I am using the G4 Optomized one here on my Mac Mini and tried both things and they both worked every time.

I'm using 1.0.7. Where do I find the g4 optimized version?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
MANDARA said:
I'm using 1.0.7. Where do I find the g4 optimized version?

Hope that did not confuse you. 1.0.7 should be fine. I was just stating which version I was using. My version is for older G4 Macs. If you have a newer Mac stick with 1.0.7 as it's the latest version out.

Try what iWhat posted. It just might work. I was just trying to figure out of maybe you had an old and oudated version. You have the latest.

OP
M

MANDARA

iWhat said:
1. Trash Firefox, and search for the rest of remnants from Firefox in the finder by doing a search for "Firefox" then delete them (ex. .plist file and folders). Then reinstall.

2. I seem to have that problem too. Use Apple + N instead.

I followed your instructions and it all works. Thanks!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Oh, good. Glad they worked for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.