Macbook Air or Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Ok, so im really stuck on what to get, I have around £1000 to spend, that can get me the base model macbook pro 13inch, or the highest spec 11inch macbook air, I prefer the portability and size of the air but obviously the pro is more powerful.

I will mainly be using it for video editing, iOS development and general word processing, I will also be traveling a lot.

So, what do you suggest?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

If I was in your boat, I'd go for the MacBook Pro. If you're limited to £1000, and if video editing is your aim then I'd get as much screen real estate as you could.

With the addition of a CD drive, the ability to upgrade the RAM and HDD after purchase yourself, and the fact it only weighs an extra kilo make it a no brainier in my view.

If you were to buy the Air, you can't install more RAM, which could prove to be an issue further down the line when you start processing larger and larger video files.

The processor is also a somewhat watered down in the MacBook Airs, there's no denying they look good, but I feel if it was me, once the initial novelty had worn off I'd regret not buying the MacBook Pro.

That's what I'd buy, and why. :)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
We have a 13 in MBA and love it, but not our only Mac. In your case I would definitely go with the Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.