Start up mess

Reaction score
When downloading Spotify, I tunes or skype, little did I know they attach to the start up of my Mac book. I want to keep them, but not in start up cycle. How do I do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Go to  menu > System Preferences > Accounts (or Users and Groups in OSX Lion)

Select your account and then select the Login Items tab. If any of those programs are set to start at login they will be listed there

C

chas_m

Just for the record, iTunes does NOT by default automatically start up. Neither does Skype (I don't know about Spotify).

Much more likely, you are not properly quitting the apps when you restart or shut down your Mac, so OF COURSE they will automatically restart when you turn the Mac back on -- because you never quit them! You can turn this behaviour off in system preferences, but a better idea would be to actually quit applications when you're no longer using them. (hint: the red button in the window is NOT a quit button).

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Moved to more appropriate forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.