Archos 5 "48" Internet Tab - Not mounting on Mac

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place or not :(

However..

So, yesterday, I got for xmas the new Archos 48 internet tablet.

Superb. My old Archos 5 is dying, replaced the HDD 2 times already, it constantly turns itself off etc etc.

So I have a library of things on my iMac, that I wanted to transfer over to the new Archos. Upon plugging it in, the Archos asks me if I'd like to mount it, and I of course say yes. But that's it. Nothing happens. my iMac doesn't pick it up and mount it, and the Archos doesn't say it's failed or anything.

I tried mounting it on my brothers Windows laptop, and it mounted instantly, my old Archos also instantly mounts on my iMac.

Can someone offer me an explanation as to why it wont mount, and perhaps a soloution so I can put my audio and video on there.! Thanks,

All the best,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7
The only way I could copy files to my Archos from my Mac was to copy them to a micro SD card and then transfer the SD card to the Archos. Like you, I could never get the Archos (101 16gb in my case), to mount on my mid '09 MBP (SL).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.