MS Office installed a lot of apps on my mac

Reaction score
All I need from MS Office package is "Word" and "Powerpoint". When I selected those two applications to be installed instead of the whole office package. But after the installation, what I saw is that the setup has installed a lot of other small applications along with those two applications I wanted to have.

Is there any way to reinstall office without getting all those softwares installed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what other applications precisely

OP
D
Reaction score
Microsoft Language Register
Solver
Equation Editor
Microsoft Alerts Daemon
Microsoft Chart Converter
Microsoft Clip Gallery
Microsoft Database Daemon
Microsoft Database Utility
Microsoft Graph
Microsoft Office Reminders
Microsoft Office Setup Assistant
Microsoft Query
Microsoft Upload Center
SyncServiceAgent

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is there any way to reinstall office without getting all those softwares installed?

Looking at the list you posted...and if you selected to only install Word & Powerpoint...how do you know that the items in the list are not required for Word and Powerpoint to run properly?

Word and Powerpoint are not just single files...other things need to be installed as well. And if you look carefully...Excel & Outlook were not installed...so the "whole package" was not installed.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
They are all helper applications for elements of the Office suite and are needed components

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for both replies. I usually expect basic functions from the word and I started worrying about when I saw a set of new apps in the application folder as I installed these two.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.