administrator password HELP!

P

pixie67

hello, ihave a 12" G4 powerbook and am fairly new to macs,i have always had the same administrator password,but recently it has not been recognised-i tried to log out and log back in yesterday,but my password was not accepted,and the box i typed it in to kept shaking every time i tried-i dont know quite what to do-any help would be very appreciated

thanks

sally

Reaction score
sounds silly but check your caps lock, make sure it's not hanging up ..it happened to me.

OP
J

jn4jenny

pixie67 said:
hello, ihave a 12" G4 powerbook and am fairly new to macs,i have always had the same administrator password,but recently it has not been recognised-i tried to log out and log back in yesterday,but my password was not accepted,and the box i typed it in to kept shaking every time i tried-i dont know quite what to do-any help would be very appreciated

thanks

sally

That's bizarre. Try getting rid of the caps lock and all that stuff. If that doesn't work, try resetting your administrator password. You can just google "reset administrator password mac os x" and you'll get tons of excellent tutorials on how to do this. It's not difficult.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You can reset the password with the CD/DVD. Let us know and we'll tell you how to do it...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.