Apple keyboard or mouse won't wake up iMac from sleep

Reaction score
Sometimes I cannot wake up my iMac from sleep using the wireless keyboard, track pad or mouse. I have seen many discussions on this topic on internet, but so far did not find a solution.

Can anyone help? Or should I just contact Apple's service center (my imac is just a couple months old)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Before contacting Apple support, try resetting the System Management Controller for your iMac. Very simple to do: Shut the iMac down, unplug it from AC power. Let it set for about 5 minutes. Plug it back in, turn it on again. Let's see if that works.

Also make sure that your wireless keyboard, mouse, and trackpad have sufficient battery power. (Install fresh batteries.)

OP
L
Reaction score
Resetting the System Management Controller seemed to be the solution for a couple of days, but now the same issue reoccurs.

I also check the battery power of my keyboard, mouse and trackpad and they have sufficient power.

Is there anything else I could try before contacting Apple support?

Many thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.