"Normal" CPU operating temperature for Mac Mini mid 2011?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Mac Mini mid 2011. The CPU running at about 90 on a very light use. For example currently I have Parallels and Safari running and it's at 90C.

It drops around 70C - 80C but then up again at high 80C.

Is this normal? HD is pretty "normal" I think usually constant at about 35C and ambient temperature at about 50C.

Something to worry about? Should I start re-arranging the setup to keep the mini away from the monitor and other peripherals?

C

chas_m

Running Parallels is not "light use." Running Windows WILL ramp up the temperature.

However, amazingly, Apple knows how to cool its machines when they get hot. Fabulous things called fans that run *only as much as is needed* to keep the machine cool.

Unless your machine is shutting off on you, it is not overheating and you should not be focused on this (unless you're doing something silly like blocking the vents). The computer can take care of itself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.