Macbook Air to Sony Bravia TV

Reaction score
Hey Mac users

I have a problem with connecting my Macbook Air to my Sony Bravia TV.

I use a Belkin Mini DisplayPort HDMI adapter with an HDMI cable.

Every time I connect plug my mac screen flashes blue once. The problem is that only one out of ten times my Mac screen appears on the TV screen. When it rarely succeeds it works perfectly with great picture and sound.

What am I doing wrong?

Sincerely Mikkel

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Moved thread(s) to appropriate forum. This is surely not a "member discount" offering. Also, only one thread per question please.

You should look at this thread:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/other-hardware-peripherals/193239-connecting-your-mac-your-tv.html

Post # 2, Item # 1 - setting proper resolution is important - if disconnecting and re-connecting everything does not solve the issue, then my first suspect would be that either the adapter or cable is faulty. Personally, wouldn't buy/replace until tried on another TV.

OP
I
Reaction score
Hello Bobtomay

Thanks for the answer!

I have followed your recipe. But my Mac detects my TV only one out of ten times.
I reconnected all the cables, tried an SMC reset and turn on TV and mac in a different order. Nothing helps!

The next step must be that I try with another television.

/ Mikkel

OP
I
Reaction score
Now I have tried to connect my MBA to a Samsung TV. No problems, it works the first time and every time.

So ... My Mac works, my cable + adapter works.

My Sony Bravia TV has 4 HDMI slots - I have tried them all with the same result. It works only one out of ten times.

Some suggestions on how I get on?

/ / Mikkel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.