CD Spin Doctor 6.1.2 from Roxio/Sonic

Reaction score
I tried to use CD Spin doctor 6.1.2 from Sonic solution that is bundled with Toast Titanium 10
I really like the interface and intention with the easy to use program - but it doesn't work :Grimmace: so its NOT easy to use !!!

It records and spilt tracks in a snap, but it does NOT export the individual tracks to itunes correctly - it only exports the first track, even though the meta data and track numbers are correct you get the first song over and over and over.....

I know roxio have a totally new version in Toast 11 but that is FULL of bugs - and no update is on the way....

I checked their forums and their support center is in, India and never understand your questions or answer e mails ?????

Is there a good work around to get the files exported correctly or is there ANOTHER program out there that Splits the tracks and export

I have used AUDIACITY to record and edit previously, with but I never manages to name split and save tracks in that program

iMac 10.6 snow Leopard

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I tried to use CD Spin doctor 6.1.2 from Sonic solution that is bundled with Toast Titanium 10
I really like the interface and intention with the easy to use program - but it doesn't work :Grimmace: so its NOT easy to use !!!

It records and spilt tracks in a snap, but it does NOT export the individual tracks to itunes correctly - it only exports the first track, even though the meta data and track numbers are correct you get the first song over and over and over.....

iMac 10.6 snow Leopard

This happened to me until I realised I was using an old version. have you update your CD spin doctor?

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi thanks for a speedy reply

Yes indeed I have gone from 6.0 to 6.1.2 as I stated in my post;D:
this is the lates update related to toast 10
as i also said the "new and improved " Toast 11 is so full of bugs i trashed it right away
I purchased "soundsaver" tonite as an xmas gift to myself but it is a little bulky in the interface so i rather hope Roxio will straighten things out even though they have a tendency to upgrade only once a year no matter what:Grimmace:

Happy holiday - and thanks for the effort

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Use Toast 11 no problems, but gotta say since Toast 8 those add-on programs, Disc Cover, Spin Doctor etc never seem to work properly. Maybe, just ,maybe, they are trial only.

OP
A
Reaction score
Use Toast 11 no problems, but gotta say since Toast 8 those add-on programs, Disc Cover, Spin Doctor etc never seem to work properly. Maybe, just ,maybe, they are trial only.

No they are NOT trial versions - I'am surprised though to hear that you manage to use spin doctor X in Toast 11 without problems as ALL forums agree that one is FULL of bugs - can you actually ecport tracks correctly to itunes with the spin doctor in Toast 11 and geet them all correct ??? using snow leopard ?

With me it only records the first trac correctly - the meta data is correct on the other tracks but the sound is the same as the first track ????

Happy holidays !

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
CD spin Doctor does have a few bugs that they only seem to fix in paid for updates. That said mine usually works absolutely fine after the update.

try repairing your permissions in Disk Utility and/or reinstalling the application.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Did you read the post you copied attado? Said they never work properly. Have gone to FAQ forums and they are really only interested in responding to paid registered versions which is why methinks the free versions are really lacking something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.