Question about system files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4
Ok so my friend and I saw that it could maybe be possible to get front row to work on my imac (not the new one) anyway to make a long story short we had to move some system files around and that sort of thing... but it never worked so we got the system back to how it was, except for one system file. We had to replace the BezelServices.framework file when we tried to get front row to work. After we failed we put back in the old BezelServices file and now there is 2 copies of that same file inside the folder.. My question is, is there a way to check if everything is okay? Everything seems to be running fine and everything but i want to make sure
Thanks for any help!

L

lil

Possibly the user you are logged in as does not have admin priviledges, usually when modifying the System folder in the root of the hard disk requires an admin password, including its sub folders such as CoreServices.

If I were you I'd do a command + I to get the info on both icons and see what the extension is, as this is likely to be where the filename difference lays but OS X is hiding it.

You should try deleting the old BezelServices.framework in an admin priviledged account or if you fancy using the terminal via a sudo command - then you could be sure of sorting it.

Vicky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.