MacBook Pro Keyboard Issue

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 13" Aluminum MacBook Pro and three of the keys have suddenly started acting strangely.

When I type "y" it comes out as "ry"
When i type "h" it comes out as "fh"
When i type "n" it comes out as "nv"

Obviously, these are all situated diagonally on the keyboard. Any ideas how to fix it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you recently or in the past spilled anything on your keyboard? Liquids and keyboards do not mix. If you haven't spilled anything, it's possible that the keyboard itself is defective or the cable from the keyboard to the logic board may be loose or bad.

OP
M
Reaction score
Nothing's spilled on it recently. It's possible that there are crumbs underneath the keys? is there a wary to pull up an individual key to clean under it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Prying the keys off and then putting them back on can be quite a task. Lots of folks have damaged their keyboards by doing it incorrectly. Also, it's not easy to get underneath to clean. Do some searching on the net for videos which show the entire process before you decide.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.