Update iPad 1st gen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.06 GHZ intel core 2 duo OSx 10.7.2iMac G5 10.4.11 , ipad
I have the 1st iPad and am wondering if I can update if I only have a iMac G5 running os x 10.4.11 ? Would I have to upgrade to 10.5 ??
Very confused about all this...also I saw on here that ipads can sleep ?? Or is that just the iPad 2 ?

C

chas_m

You will need to be running Leopard (10.5.8) at a minimum. I'd suggest it's time to start saving for a new(er) computer, as you are going to run into this problem more and more often as time goes on.

All iPads sleep by pressing the button on the top of the device. All iPads can be shut down by pressing and HOLDING the sleep button until the "slide to power off" graphic appears on screen. It's advisable to actually power off the iPad every few months or weeks.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.06 GHZ intel core 2 duo OSx 10.7.2iMac G5 10.4.11 , ipad
You will need to be running Leopard (10.5.8) at a minimum. I'd suggest it's time to start saving for a new(er) computer, as you are going to run into this problem more and more often as time goes on.

All iPads sleep by pressing the button on the top of the device. All iPads can be shut down by pressing and HOLDING the sleep button until the "slide to power off" graphic appears on screen. It's advisable to actually power off the iPad every few months or weeks.

Ok thanks, I was thinking of sleeping like a desktop does...I know how to do what you said. I shut it down and charge it every nite when I go to bed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.