Internet not working on bootcamp

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been searching the forum for awhile and though I have seen several problems similar to mine none have been the exact same. I recently partitioned my hard drive and installed Windows 7 everything was going smoothly until I tried to use my internet. It gave me an error message about drivers or something. My internet works fine on the Mac side the problem is only Windows. I am running on Snow Leopard. I used a Mac OS X Installation disk version 10.6.2 though it is not the one that came with my computer. I think it came with my moms or something. Regardless any help or insight you can give me would be great. Thanks in advance!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The OS X system discs are tailored to the machine they're sold with, including the Boot Camp drivers. You'll need to find YOUR system disc. Once you do, you can pop it in while running Windows and it should walk you through installing the drivers.

OP
W
Reaction score
Alright thanks. Just one question though. The disk seemed to install the drivers fine, so did it just install drivers that wouldn't work or what?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alright thanks. Just one question though. The disk seemed to install the drivers fine, so did it just install drivers that wouldn't work or what?

It probably skipped the network adapters altogether, not having the drivers. Check Device Manager and see if there's any items listed with a "!" next to them.

OP
W
Reaction score
Yea that seems to be the problem. There are a couple of exclamation points there. To fix this all I would need to do is reinstall the drivers with my installation disk?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would uninstall the Boot Camp software package from the control panel in Windows and then re-install using your own disc.

When it's all done, be sure to the Apple Software Update program from within Windows to get up-to-date.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.