Photo Stream

Reaction score
UGH why is my photo stream not working?? I have them turned "on" photo stream on both my iPhone and iPad.. Not sure what I am doing wrong?? also I don't even have photo stream in my iPhoto in my macbook pro I upgraded to lion so i would think it would be on there too? but sadly it is not and I need help:[ Please, please

C

chas_m

Judging from the tiny amount of info you included in your post, I'd guess that you're not using iPhoto '11. You'll need to upgrade to that.

OP
Mac_Gal
Reaction score
Yes I use iPhoto and from what i have read the photo stream should be right on the left side. I already have lion I was told I needed that to use iCloud so ok I got that and still nothing is streaming to my ipad from my iPhone which is one problem and then my other problem is not having photo stream even on m y macbook pro?? BLAH

C

chas_m

And you're SURE you have the latest version of iPhoto, which is 9.2.1?

And you're SURE you have Photo Stream checked in the iCloud system preference panel?

And you're SURE you have "Photo Stream" enabled in iPhoto's preferences?

OP
Mac_Gal
Reaction score
Um.. No, no aaaand no lol I'm looked and looked on my MacBook I can't see where to turn it on but on my iPhone and iPad yes I have them on so they should be working and it's not.

OP
Mac_Gal
Reaction score
ok so I figured out to see which version i have for iPhoto and I do not have the latest version.. But do I need to buy it?? shouldn't that just be an upgrade for free??

C

chas_m

Depends on which version you have. If it's 9.x but not 9.2.1 then yes, it would be a free upgrade.

If it's earlier than that, you'll need to buy the current version of iPhoto from the Mac App Store. It costs $15.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.