Help with Linksys Wireless Print Server

B

Bassiswild

I bought a Linksys Wireless Print Server and after I get it they informed me that they do not have MAC drivers for the server. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to get around it. I contacted customer support and they said to add a network printer with an IP address. The problem is that it does not have an IP address. Could use help with this issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
It does have an IP address but I would reccomend taking that back while you can and get your money back. I bought one about a month and a half ago and havent had any success getting it to work. I finally decided to buy a printer that has a network port and just use that. If your interested in getting a printer with a network port I could give you a link to some on Ebay that are brand new and cheap.

OP
B

Bassiswild

I have a hp photosmart printer so I do not need a new printer. Now for the IP address would I be getting that off of the print server?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You have to log into the Printserver using a Web Browser. Which model LinkSys is it? Brand new there should be a default IP that you can go to with say Safari or any other brower and change the settings or whatever. Some Linksys Print Servers do have AppleTalk and some do not. I prefer using AppleTalk when it's avalible as for me it's been 100% reliable when using Macs on a network for printing. You can use IP Printing also.

Please tell us the model of the Linksys so I can go download the manual and help you.

Also what HP Photosmart model do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
What you'll want to do is turn off DHCP on the print server and assign the print server a static IP address (so that it does not change). I'm using a D-Link DP-311P and have had no trouble. I know this is vague but it may just do the trick for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.