Mail Issues

Reaction score
I am having great difficulty with my mail account. It is going crazy loading all the old emails several times each and calling them new emails. What went wrong? It is still loading new emails also but loading them several times each also. Can anyone help me? The email account in hotmail is working fine. It is just the mac mail account that is reproducing like crazy.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I moved your question to a proper forum where people will see it and try and help.

C

chas_m

I could be blithe and just say "the problem is Hotmail" because it most likely is, but ... you need to review your POP settings (Hotmail doesn't do IMAP) and let know what they are (not the password and stuff like that, I'm talking about how the mailboxes are set up to handle the mail).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.